New York is a lonely city.
In New York City it feels like there are so many people, yet we are all so lonely. Everyone is running at the same speed and I feel as though no one stops and looks at each other.
To me it feel like there is such emphasis on Valentine’s Day to either be in a relationship or single and bitter. I’ve always been single over this period and I will admit that every year I am single and bitter, but I’m also many other things. Valentine’s Day doesn’t make me feel as though I am not loved or appreciated. It makes me reflect on people I’ve dated, people I’ve known, people I wish I knew, and everything else in between. I think back to the times where I’ve dated someone and I just think, “geez, I’m a really shitty boyfriend sometimes”. Maybe that’s why I’m single?
The things I miss about being in a relationship are not the superficial things like going on dates, having someone on my arm and knowing someone is “mine”, I miss knowing that there is someone who truly cares for me, someone who I can always rely on, someone who I can give everything to and feel as though it is safe. You don’t always get that when you’re alone. I suppose what I’m saying is that the times in which we do fall we just hope there is someone there to pick us up. When you’re single, there isn’t always someone there.
If you really do love someone don’t show it just once a year. It should be something celebrated everyday.
PS: I hope he treats you well.
- jacob1990 likes this
- sessen-mikan likes this
- j-zach1122 likes this
- famousblackliquid likes this
- gaylove4eva reblogged this from thesecretdiaryofjake
- gaylove4eva likes this
- lovebatman2222 likes this
- travelingismylife26 likes this
- laughatmeplease likes this
- whoismax likes this
- mrhankey likes this
- tbn1993 reblogged this from thesecretdiaryofjake
- the-cloud-atlas-sextet likes this
- theillusionnamedlife reblogged this from thesecretdiaryofjake
- cautionnottobetaken likes this
- my-average-self likes this
- justjosdow likes this
- godsamongus reblogged this from thesecretdiaryofjake
- theresplentywrongwithme likes this
- awkwardsophieisawkward reblogged this from oureloquentlullaby
- oureloquentlullaby reblogged this from thesecretdiaryofjake
- lalalostnstereo likes this
- gingerkidd09 said: which means you should find my friend beka who just moved there.
- boywonderayanda reblogged this from thesecretdiaryofjake
- riseofbunny likes this
- hownikoseesit likes this
- cielavie-bradsters likes this
- onlytofindihavecomealive likes this
- furanshisuko0 likes this
- torben-hamburg likes this
- jpanda88 likes this
- hoezay805 likes this
- chemverse likes this
- nobody813 said: when you feel like that remember at the end of the day you are not truly alone, you have friends who love and care for, a loving and supporting family, and even strangers on the internet are here to help those that feel lonely.
- miirandahernan likes this
- miirandahernan reblogged this from thesecretdiaryofjake
- hartlesmage reblogged this from thesecretdiaryofjake
- hartlesmage likes this
- empathetic-sociopath likes this
- brutusalad reblogged this from thesecretdiaryofjake
- brutusalad likes this
- dereknance likes this
- lifeofaloneliar likes this
- regnarjack likes this
- eternity-to-love-you said: Will you be my valentine? Even if it’s too late
- pocapoppins likes this
- christianisbetter likes this
- poshandpose reblogged this from thesecretdiaryofjake and added:
- carter829 reblogged this from thesecretdiaryofjake
- samsfavthings likes this