Through sickness and in health
I know I haven’t posted in a while and there’s a really good reason for it. About two weeks ago I received a phone call from Australia informing me that my mother is in the hospital. After running her blood work and tests, doctors found that she has meningitis and Acute Myeloid Leukaemia. I can’t begin to describe the feelings and emotions I felt when the worlds were said to me during that call.
Speaking to my family back home whilst in tears and feeling helpless on the other side of the world is the worst feeling. It was a impulse decision to get tickets home to see them, and put my New York dream aside. New York will always be here.
I have bought tickets home to Australia to go see my family. Whilst there I am going to be tested for bone marrow transplant compatibility. I really hope everyone is coping okay and that my mother is doing well with her chemotherapy. I leave in a couple of weeks, and in the meantime my good friend Todd is taking me on a little getaway across the country to get my mind off of everything.
Through all of this I have come to realise how many amazing people I have around me. All my friends and family have been beyond supportive and are really helping myself and my family through this tough time. Without them, I don’t think I would be coping as well as I am.
My mother is a strong and stubborn woman. She will fight this with her family and we will beat this all together.
- angelx702 likes this
- hystericalkangaroo likes this
- sweetbella38 likes this
- canihavelife likes this
- waltersdailytalk likes this
- thejournalofdean likes this
- dsizzle-me reblogged this from thesecretdiaryofjake
- mochasands reblogged this from thesecretdiaryofjake
- sessen-mikan reblogged this from thesecretdiaryofjake
- sessen-mikan likes this
- thejourney101 likes this
- boysareourweakness likes this
- no-party-tonight likes this
- the-gay-warhol likes this
- cielavie-bradsters likes this
- ilikefancysocks likes this
- andyougetacar said: Sending positive thoughts to you and your family.
- intosilicia likes this
- williaminparis likes this
- idanceatfunerals likes this
- seaniebby likes this
- purple-rain-drops-xo likes this
- phuckthewhat likes this
- jshado1 said: Best wishes for your mum! I’ve had a lot of family get cancer, and recently everyone has pulled thru, so hopefully she has good luck too!
- papertoilet3102 likes this
- italldeepends likes this
- thisismyotherface likes this
- mrjohnnymae likes this
- armedwithaspraycanseoul likes this
- insearchofhomeagain likes this
- freelyvoney likes this
- epiconn said: i send all my positive energy! i hope for a speedy recovery!
- 3jsand1s said: My thoughts and prayers are with you
- brutusalad likes this
- iamthehommefatale said: sorry to hear about your mom jake. i’ll keep you and your family in my thoughts
- thatfunnygirllauren likes this
- whoopseydaisy likes this
- kaechan91 said: Family always comes first. Sending lots of love and good thoughts to you and your family!
- -pacifictime said: Best wishes to your mother, I hope you’re a match. I love the last two sentences of the second paragraph, they just jump out at me. Maybe because it’s so true, because you realize your dreams will wait while you tend to more important matters.
- -pacifictime likes this
- enchantedtempest likes this
- simchar likes this
- granttwilliams likes this
- ugly-when-you-cry likes this
- bobc2012 likes this
- right-brainiac said: Best wishes for all of you.
- fabiomatafora likes this
- all-we-need-is-a-little-bit-of said: keeping your family in my thoughts <3
- all-we-need-is-a-little-bit-of likes this
- dchanvids likes this